PEDEGO CARE LIMITED WARRANTY
Note: The Element model does not qualify for the Pedego Care warranty. Please see the owners manual or click here for details on the limited warranty for the Element.
Please contact an authorized Pedego dealer for warranty claims. If there is not a dealer nearby, please contact Pedego Canada headquarters for assistance.
1. Proof of purchase
2. Registration at the time of purchase
3. 160km (100-mile) tune up by an authorized Pedego dealer
4. Annual service by an authorized Pedego dealer
This warranty extends from the date of purchase, is offered only to the original retail purchaser, and is not transferable.
Pedego Canada (on behalf of Pedego Inc.) provides each original retail purchaser of a new Pedego bicycle a limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship as follows:
Parts & Components
Original Pedego parts & components are covered by a five-year limited warranty.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
1. Ordinary wear and tear not the result of defects in workmanship or materials. Wear and tear can be assessed by an authorized Pedego dealer. Parts not typically covered include but are not limited to:
1.1 Brake Pads
1.6 Chain Rings
1.8 Parts compromised due to corrosion due to the elements (moisture, heat, etc).
1.9 Damage or deterioration of the surface finish, appearance, or aesthetics of the product.
2. Labour charges for part replacement or changeover
3. Defects or damage resulting from accident, abuse, misuse, abnormal use (including but not limited to stunt riding, racing or other similar activities not consistent with the intended use of the Products), improper storage, abnormal exposure to liquid, chemicals, moisture, abrasives, sand or dirt, neglect, or abnormal physical, electrical or electromechanical stress
4. Scratches, dents and cosmetic damage not caused by Pedego
5. Product that has the serial number or the bar code removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible
6. Defects or damage to the Products caused by the use of accessories, products, or
ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by Pedego with the Products;
7. Defects or damage caused by improper assembly, testing, operation, maintenance,
installation, service, repair, or adjustment in a manner that varies from Assembly Instructions & Owners Manual
8. Defects or damage resulting from external causes, such as collision, fire, flooding,
windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse or improper use of any electrical source
9. Products used or purchased outside of Canada.
Pedego batteries are covered by a 5 year prorated warranty.
◦ During the first 3 years of service – A defective battery will be repaired or replaced at no cost to the customer. The warranty period for a repaired or replaced battery remains unchanged based on original purchase date.
◦ After the first 3 years of service – A prorated credit, based on months of service, will be applied toward the purchase of a new battery. Batteries purchased at prorated cost will have a new 5 year warranty based on the prorated purchase date. Shipping costs are not included for the prorated portion of the warranty.
◦ No cash reimbursement will be made.
The credit is calculated as follows (months from original purchase date):
Free repair or replacement
40% off replacement
30% off replacement
20% off replacement
10% off replacement
Batteries can be assessed and found defective only by an authorized Pedego dealer or directly by Pedego Inc.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
1. Defects or damage resulting from accident, abuse, misuse, abnormal use (including but not limited to stunt riding, racing or other similar activities not consistent with the intended use of the Products), improper storage, abnormal exposure to liquid, chemicals, moisture, abrasives, sand or dirt, neglect, or abnormal physical, electrical or electromechanical stress
2. Scratches, dents and cosmetic damage, unless caused by Pedego Canada
3. Product that has the serial number or the bar code removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible
4. Ordinary wear and tear
5. Defects or damage to the Products caused by the use of accessories, products, or
ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by Pedego Canada with the Products;
6. Defects or damage caused by assembly, testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, repair, or adjustment in a manner that varies from Assembly Instructions & Owners Manual
7. Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision, fire, flooding, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse or improper use of any electrical source
8. Products used or purchased outside of Canada.
9. In addition, with respect to the Battery, this Limited Warranty does not cover defects or damage:
9.1. Caused by charging by a battery charger not intended or appropriate for use with the Battery or the improper use of a battery charger;
9.2. Where any of the seals on the Battery are broken or show evidence of tampering;
9.3 Where the Battery has been used in equipment other than the Bike for which it is specified
Pedego bicycle frames are covered by a lifetime replacement warranty for the original retail purchaser.
This warranty includes a replacement frame only; shipping costs are not included. Labour charges to changeover parts to replacement frame are not included. Changeover labour must be performed by an authorized Pedego dealer.
Pedego reserves the right to use scratch and dent stock when replacing a frame under this warranty. Frame styles and/or colours not in stock may be replaced with a compatible style and/or colour at the discretion of Pedego Canada or Pedego Inc.
Frame issues that are excluded from this warranty include but are not limited to:
2. Paint fade, scratches, impact marks
3. Impact damage
4. Non reversible modification (drilling/welding)
5. Chain guard mount to the frame if applicable
What are the limits on PEDEGO CANADA’s liability?
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SETS OUT THE FULL EXTENT OF Pedego INC or Its representatives RESPONSIBILITIES AND THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY REGARDING THE PRODUCTS. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT WILL Pedego INC or ITS representatives BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR FOR, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMMERCIAL LOSS OF ANY SORT; LOSS OF USE, TIME, DATA, REPUTATION, OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL, PROFITS OR SAVINGS; INCONVENIENCE; INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, EVEN IF Pedego INC or ITS representatives HAD REASON TO BELIEVE SUCH DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE DISCLAIMER OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Pedego INC or ITS representatives MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AS TO THE QUALITY, CAPABILITIES, OPERATIONS, PERFORMANCE OR SUITABILITY OF ANY THIRD-PARTY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PRODUCT, OR THE ABILITY TO INTEGRATE ANY SUCH EQUIPMENT WITH THE PRODUCT. RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE QUALITY, CAPABILITIES, OPERATIONS, PERFORMANCE AND SUITABILITY OF ANY SUCH THIRD-PARTY EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE RESTS SOLELY WITH THE USER AND THE DIRECT VENDOR, OWNER OR SUPPLIER OF SUCH THIRD-PARTY EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE.
Nothing in the Assembly Instructions & Owners Manual or Product information, instructions or advertisements is intended to create or be construed as an express warranty of any kind with respect to any Product. No agent, employee, dealer, representative or reseller is authorized to modify or extend this Limited Warranty or to make binding representations or claims, whether in advertising, presentations or otherwise, on behalf of Pedego INC regarding the Products or this Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from province to province.
What is the procedure for resolving disputes?
The validity, interpretation, construction, and performance of these Terms of Warranty shall be governed by the laws of British Columbia, without giving effect to its principles of conflict of laws. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WHICH MAY INCLUDE THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, YOU AND Pedego INC or ITS representatives AGREE TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT, SUCH AS ACCESS TO DISCOVERY, ALSO MAY BE UNAVAILABLE OR LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. ALL DISPUTES WITH PEDEGO ARISING IN ANY WAY THESE TERMS OF WARRANTY OR THE SALE, VALUE, CONDITION OR PERFORMANCE OF THE BIKE MUST BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION, AND NOT BY A COURT OR JURY, WITH THE SOLE EXCEPTION THAT NOTHING IN THIS PROVISION WILL PROHIBIT ANY SUCH DISPUTE FROM BEING RESOLVED AS AN INDIVIDUAL CLAIM IN A SMALL CLAIMS COURT. Any such dispute, whether arbitrated or brought in small claims court, will not be combined or consolidated with a dispute involving any other person’s or entity’s product or claim, and specifically, without limitation of the foregoing, must not under any circumstances proceed as part of a class action or collective action. It is the express intent of the parties that any and all disputes will be resolved on an individual basis only, and that the arbitrator will not have the power to award class or collective relief or to determine or order that the dispute should proceed as a class or collective action, whether in arbitration or in any other forum or venue. The arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator, whose award must not exceed, in form or amount, the relief allowed by the applicable law. THE ARBITRATION WILL BE DECIDED BY NEUTRAL ARBITRATION AS PROVIDED BY THE COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION ACT (BRITISH COLUMBIA) AND YOU ARE GIVING UP ANY RIGHTS YOU MIGHT POSSESS TO HAVE THE DISPUTE LITIGATED IN A COURT OR JURY TRIAL. The arbitrator will decide all issues of interpretation and application of this arbitration provision and the Terms of Warranty. Judgment may be entered on the arbitrator’s final award in any court of competent jurisdiction.
If any portion of this Limited Warranty is held to be illegal or unenforceable, such partial illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the enforceability of the remainder of the Limited Warranty.
Nelson, British Columbia V1L 5R4